WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
WooCommerce MailChimp allows you to collect email addresses from customers to use in your MailChimp campaigns.
With MailChimp’s eCommerce360 feature, you can target customers who bought certain products.
- Download the .zip file from your WooThemes account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
More information at:.
Sign up for a MailChimp API
Create a new API key by visiting the MailChimp API Page.
Setup and Configuration
Entering the API
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Integration > MailChimp
- Enter your MailChimp API Key.
*If you get an error, check the API key again and ensure it’s typed/copied correctly.
Setting up MailChimp lists
If the MailChimp API Key was entered correctly, more settings appear:
1. Enter your preferences:
- MailChimp List – Select a MailChimp list from the dropdown that you want WooCommerce to populate with email addresses.
- Checkout Subscription Text – Tell customers what they are subscribing to on the checkout page.
- Checkbox Label Text – Enter a subscription label to appear next to the checkbox, e.g., Subscribe.
- Double Opt-In (optional) – Tick the box if you would like customers to receive an email asking them to confirm their subscription.
- Debug Log – Tick the box to Enable Logging. Debug logs keep a file of all communication between WooCommerce and MailChimp and are useful for troubleshooting.
Customers see the option to subscribe to your MailChimp list on the checkout page.
Everyone who ticks the box will have their email address and cart information sent to your MailChimp account, which you can then use for future mailing campaigns.
The subscription box does not show on my checkout page?
Ensure that you have entered your MailChimp API key correctly and selected a MailChimp list on your WooCommerce Settings page.
What customer information is sent to my MailChimp account?
Each time a customer places an order on your website, their name, address, email address and the contents of their shopping cart are added to the chosen list in your MailChimp account.
Details of their order can be used by MailChimp’s eCommerce360 feature to help filter, based on what they bought, for future campaigns.
Does this integration use PHP sessions or cookies?
The WooCommerce MailChimp Integration uses a cookie in one place to track if an order was generated as the result of a campaign link from a MailChimp newsletter.
For the actual sending of the information to MailChimp, this is a direct request against MailChimp’s API.
Does WooCommerce MailChimp synchronize all previous orders with MailChimp?
This feature isn’t currently supported. Vote for it or make a suggestion of your own at the WooCommerce Ideas Board.
Why I can’t access the “Automation” tab in the MailChimp settings section?
This is because those settings are accessible only once you buy MailChimp credits. Please note that you need to connect to MailChimp’s site to configure automation.